Scientific America has an excellent (albeit disheartening) article written by Dana Hunter up at their website:
The Trump Administration’s Effect on National Parks
How are our national parks faring under the Trump administration and its Republican Congress? Let’s take a look at the latest actions, and you can decide for yourselves.
The report goes on to detail five areas where the current administration is harming the national treasure it is charged with protecting on our behalf:
- The Trump Administration is Determined to Shrink National Monuments
- The Trump Administration’s Proposed Budget Slashes National Park Funding
- The Trump Administration is Muzzling the National Park Service
- The Trump Administrations is Silencing NPS Climate Change Experts
- The Trump Administration is Overturning Sensible NPS Regulations
As she writes, “It’s been a hard summer for our public lands.” I highly recommend the full article:The Trump Administration’s Effect on National Parks
Our public lands deserve better. Contact your member of Congress today and demand they support the National Park Service and protect our national monuments.